A comprehensive dental exam will be performed by Dr. Avila at your initial dental visit.
This will consist of:
- A thorough health history check
- Examination of your existing restorations
- X-ray’s – Which may be one of the following- Single films, Panoramic, 3D, or CT Scan.
- Our state of the art technology will allow you to view your images side by side with Dr. Avila as she explains your personalized goals.
- Our helpful staff will gather all the information and put together a treatment plan which will be designed to fit your schedule and budget.
At regular check-up exams, Dr. Avila and her team will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings, crowns, etc.
Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for some time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. Calculus forms above and below the gum line and can only be removed with special dental instruments.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on the teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during tooth brushing
Give Us A Call
If you want to learn more about the dental cleaning procedure or if you have any other questions or concerns, then please call our office at 951 416 8711 and one of our receptionists will assist you.